Collecting bowie knives is a hobby for a lot of people. People also use bowie knives for tactical purposes like hunting or skinning wild game. Within this article, we’ll be looking at some of my personal top picks for the best bowie knife on the market today if you’re on a budget. Let’s first dive into my buyer’s guide to see what constitutes a bowie knife worth buying.
Bowie Knife Buyer’s Guide
A fantastic, durable grip is added to these knives for better handling and better usage. This handle along with several other key factors are what we’ll be covering in this brief bowie knife buyer’s guide. After that, we’ll dive into my personal favorite 6 best bowie knives under $100.
Most bowie knives are made out of good steel. Stainless steel helps the bowie knives last longer and not let it rust keeping it as new as possible. The grips are made out of wood or durable plastic which helps to keep the matte or glossy look of the knife.
The handle needs to have a good grip in your hand so it doesn’t slip when in use. You’d likely be using these for cutting through different strong materials. A large amount of force would be needed for that, so a good grip will help you with this
Having a sharp bowie knife is key for allowing you to cut through wild game or use it to defend yourself. So, making sure that the bowie knife you’re looking at is sharp enough for what you’re looking to accomplish is extremely important.
For collectors, the price might not be as big of an issue, but for most people we want to find a great product at a low price. Depending on your budget, you can find a great bowie knife under $100 as seen in the rest of this article.
6 Best Bowie Knives Under $100 Review
Now that we’ve covered our short buyer’s guide, let’s look at my 6 picks for the best bowie knife under $100.
1. MOSSY OAK 14-inch Bowie Knife, Full-tang Fixed Blade Wood Handle with Leather Sheath
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS - Overall Length: 14 inch (355 mm); Blade Length: 8-1/2 inch (215 mm); Handle...
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE - 3CR13 blade has excellent strength, edge retention and corrosion...
- FULL-TANG WOOD HANDLE - Classic design handle made of rosewood, provides comfortable grip and...
- GENUINE LEATHER SHEATH WITH SNAP FASTENER - High quality protective sheath with integrated belt...
- APPLICABLE OCCASIONS - Suitable for various military, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and...
This 14-inch blade has amazing sharpness that will cut through virtually anything. Its handle is made out of wood and has a leather sheath that comes with it. It’s a classic design with a non-slip grip that fits in your hand easily. Also, it’s suitable for any purpose and can be used as a military-grade weapon, while hunting, in industrial and outdoor situations, and more!
- Good grip
- Classic design
- 14-inch size
- The handle is not big enough for people with large hands
2. Schrade SCHF45 Leroy 16.5in High Carbon S.S. Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with 10.4in Bowie Blade and TPE Handle for Outdoor Survival Camping and EDC
- DIMENSIONS: 16.5 inch (41.9 cm) overall length with a blade length of 10.4 inches (26.3 cm) and a...
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 8Cr13MoV Titanium Coated High Carbon Stainless Steel with black...
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient black thermoplastic belt sheath making it...
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the finger guard, choil...
- BE PREPARED: Knife features a full tang design and lanyard hole
The Schrade Leroy Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife has a high-carbon, stainless steel, titanium-coated bowie blade with finger guard. This bowie blade is ideal for making cutting through bushcraft look simple. A black finish makes it look dangerous and unique.
- Thick versatile blade
- Accurate cutting
- Matte black finish
- Convenient to carry
- The matt paint might chip away with heavy use
3. 12” Tactical Bowie Survival Hunting Knife w/ Sheath Military Combat Fixed Blade
- Heavy Duty Tactical Knife
- 12" Tactical Survival Hunting Knife with Sheath and Fixed Blade
This tactical bowie knife is a high-quality hunting knife for military purposes and is excellent for hunting use as well. It features a strong and durable 7-inch stainless steel blade with a double-saw edge spine. The long-lasting 5″ knurled grip handle fits in your hand comfortably and offers a superior grip. It has a nice solid 12 oz knife weight and comes with a simple open fastening scheme, a tough composite sheath, and a belt hanging system.
- Stylish design
- Stainless steel
- Good weight
- Easy to carry
- Sharpening it can be a hassle
4. Mossy Oak Survival Knife, 15-inch Fixed Blade Hunting Bowie Knife with Sharpener
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS: Overall Length: 15 inch; Blade Length: 10 inch; Thickness: 5/32 inch (3.8 mm);...
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE: Made of 440C stainless steel for excellent hardness, improved edge...
- FULL-TANG RUBBER HANDLE: Classic designed handle with soft rubber, provides high friction and...
- NYLON SHEATH with SHARPENER & FIRE STARTER: Durable heavy duty nylon sheath for easy and safe...
- APPLICABLE OCCASIONS: As a perfect camping and hunting knife, it’s suitable for hunter, camper,...
The Mossy Oak Survival Knife is a 15-inch blade which is an optimal size for a bowie knife. It has a sharp blade and can be used to start a fire thanks to the fire starters that come with it. A very good companion for campers to take with them.
- Sharp blade
- Good size
- Easy to carry
- Bolts are not welded well
5. MOSSY OAK 14-inch Bowie Knife Stainless Steel Fixed Blade Full Tang Handle
- Razor-sharp Clip Point Blade: 420 stainless steel clip blade has excellent strength, edge retention...
- Full Tang Imitation Bone Handle: full tang grip handle with fancy designed heavy duty plastic and...
- Genuine Leather Sheath with Snap Fastener: high quality protective sheath with integrated belt loop...
- Overall length: 14”; Blade length: 8-5/8”; Handle length: 5-3/8”; Blade thickness: 4mm;...
- Suitable for various military, camping, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and outdoor...
This bowie knife comes with an oxidable steel clip blade that has great strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance for long-lasting durability. The handle has a non-slip grip that fits in your hand really well and is overall a great bowie knife under $100.
- Good for piercing
- Non-slip grip
- Not finished well enough
6. Buck Knives 0120BKS GENERAL Fixed Blade Knife with Genuine Leather Sheath
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE- 7-3/8" Clip Point 420HC Steel Blade has excellent strength, edge...
- SOLID BUILD, SMART DESIGN - Full Tang Construction with Integrated Finger Guard and a Deep Choil...
- EXCLUSIVE, ELITE AND LUXURIOUS - Traditional Black Phenolic Handle has curves and palm swells for a...
- CONVENIENT CARRY- Includes a Genuine High Quality Protective Leather Sheath with Snap Fastener. The...
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our...
Buck Knives uses premium steel to build this amazing bowie knife. It has an amazing sharpness given to it and has a genuine leather sheath alongside it. The Traditional Black Phenolic Handle has a safe grip that is very comfortable to grip. A perfect combination of beauty and equilibrium is provided by the aluminum pommel/guard making this knife a gret conversation starter.
- Genuine leather sheath
- Amazing sharpness
- Safe and comfortable grip
- Complaints of knife quality issues from customers on Amazon
Bowie knives are some of the strongest and most stylish knives out in the market. Within this list, we mainly targeted knives that are more on the “budget” side of things, so you can definitely find higher-quality bowie knives at higher price points on other sites. However, if you’re like me and love to find a great deal, then this list is for you! Hopefully, my list of the 6 best bowie knives under $100 was helpful to you!